Why Choose Us
Why Choose Our Firm
- We are Straight-Shooters. We evaluate your case thoroughly and fairly. We are not interested in bringing cases that ultimately will not be successful. We put the time in, up front, to make sure that we have a good-faith belief that your case will be successful before we agree to represent you.
- We have an established reputation. Stephen R. Shelton has received the highest attorney rating obtainable from the largest and best-known attorney rating system recognized across the country. Stephen R. Shelton has been given the "AV" "PREEMINENT" rating by the Martindale-Hubbell Lawyer Ratings. This indicates excellence with regard to ABILITY and ETHICS. His reputation is very important to him, and he will always adhere to the most stringent ethical standards for the benefit or our firm and our clients.
- We communicate with our clients on a regular basis. We personally receive and make all of our calls. We pride ourselves in returning calls promptly and efficiently. Our clients deserve and receive personal attention. Bigger firms cannot match our level of client responsiveness and attentiveness.
- We know how to build a winning team. Cases routinely require much more than an excellent attorney and a client. Because of the complexity of these matters, we routinely use expert witnesses and consultants. We know how to locate, procure and utilize third parties that will assist us in the assimilation and presentation of your case.
- We are not a "one size fits all" law firm. To the contrary, we recognize that each individual client has different needs and presents different challenges. Because we are a small law firm, we can tailor our representation to your needs to obtain the best result. We limit the number of cases that we take at any time in order to make sure that we can maintain our excellent record for developing close, responsive relationships with our clients. Each of our clients has a different set of needs and we pride ourselves on being able to adapt our style of representation to address the individual needs of our clients.